PROPOSALS FOR THE REDEVELOPMENT OF
LAND AT THIMBLEBY HILL, HORNCASTLE
Glenholme Healthcare Group is pleased to present our outline proposals for a new care home on the land at Thimbleby Hill, Horncastle.
The currently unoccupied site will provide nursing and residential care with 60 ensuite bedrooms, offering support and care for the elderly and those with dementia. The scheme will include generous communal space providing amenities found in a village setting, including, library, shop, medical centre and gym. The landscaping will incorporate the existing natural habitat and shape, providing private external space for every resident.
The Glenholme Healthcare Group have an established number of care facilities nationwide with a focus on providing quality care for the elderly in Lincolnshire.
In consultation with the local planning office our architects have designed a scheme that will:
- Make use of unoccupied space in the town, without the use of housing
- Be sympathetic with its surroundings and environment, both natural and built
- Maintain, where possible, a single storey structure constructed to utilise the sloping nature of the site and reduce the impact on the height
- Provide a large amount of space for every resident
- Consider the impact of a newly built structure and its impact on existing services
A care home creates relatively low levels of traffic even at its peak times and by utilising the existing entrance, the impact of vehicles on Thimbleby Hill and its neighbouring roads will be very low. Staff change over times avoid peak traffic times and will not increase the number of vehicles currently on the road at this time.
A travel plan will be submitted to the local council that will show vehicles will only be used by staff and not residents, reducing the number of vehicles often expected when developing a site for housing.