PROPOSALS FOR THE REDEVELOPMENT OF
LAND AT CAWOOD CLOSE, MARCH
Glenholme Healthcare Group is pleased to present our outline proposals for a new care home on the land at Cawood Close, March.
The currently unoccupied site will provide nursing and residential care with 56 ensuite bedrooms, offering support and care for the elderly and those with dementia. The scheme will include generous communal and landscaped areas for residents and families to enjoy. The landscaping will look to enhance the natural biodiversity of the existing site.
The Glenholme Healthcare Group have an established number of care facilities nationwide with a focus on providing quality care for the elderly in Cambridgeshire.
In consultation with the local planning office our architects have designed a scheme that will:
- Make use of an existing site close to town that will enhance the existing plot, without the use of housing
- Be sympathetic with its surroundings and environment, both natural and built
- Maintain, a two-storey structure constructed to match the height of the surrounding buildings as closely as possible
- Provide a large amount of space for every resident
- Consider the impact of a newly built structure and its impact on existing services
A care home creates relatively low levels of traffic even at its peak times and the impact of vehicles on Cawood Close and Peterhouse Crescent along with neighbouring roads will be very low. Staff change over times avoid peak traffic times and will not increase the number of vehicles currently on the road at this time.
A travel plan will be submitted to the local council that will show vehicles will only be used by staff and not residents, reducing the number of vehicles often expected when developing a site for housing.